Dr. Cabin is nationally and internationally recognized for his sub-specialized talents and expertise in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
His recognition includes:
- Advisory Board Member - SurgeonMasters
- Faculty - 2018 Multi-Specialty Cedars-Sinai Plastic Surgery Symposium, Beverly Hills, CA
- Faculty - 17th Annual CSFPS Winter Meeting, 2018, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Faculty - 13th Annual Facial Nerve Symposium, 2017, Los Angeles, CA
- Chief Resident - Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Residency, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary of Mt Sinai
- Yale Club of New Haven Scholarship
- Wellsford and Mildred Clark Memorial Scholarship
- Order of Omega Society
- Hu S, Helman S, Filip P, Cabin JA, Colley P. The role of the otolaryngologist in the evaluation and management of headaches. American Journal of Otolaryngology. July, 2018.
- Chopra N, Nistal DA, Cabin JA, Leitman IM, Lerner S. Professional Coaching in Surgery: An Effort to Improve Practice and Patient Care. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 10/2017; 225(4):S89.
- Pitman M, Cabin JA, Iacob C. Small Intestinal Submucosa for the Treatment of Vocal Fold Scar, Sulcus, Atrophy and Presbylarynges. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2015 Sep 13.
- Tuli N, Cabin JA, Suriano R, Bednarczyk R, Hanly E, Geliebter J, Shin E, and Tiwari R. Tumor microenvironment based modulation of thyroid cancer phenotype. [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the 105th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 2014 Apr 5-9; San Diego, CA. Philadelphia (PA): AACR; Cancer Res 2014;74(19 Suppl):Abstract nr 1107.
- Cabin JA, Massry GG, Azizzadeh B. Botulinum toxin in the management of facial paralysis. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Aug;23(4):272-80.
- Cabin JA, Bassiri-Tehrani M, Sclafani A, Romo T. Microtia Reconstruction: Autologous Rib and Alloplast Techniques. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. Vol 22, Iss 4, Nov 2014, 623–638.
- Shindle MK, Gardner MJ, Koob J, Bukata S, Cabin JA, Lane JM. Vertebral height restoration in osteoporotic compression fractures: kyphoplasty balloon tamp is superior to postural correction alone. Osteoporos Int. 2006 Dec;17(12):1815-9. Epub 2006 Sep 16.
- Cabin J and Nassif P. Complications of Facelift and Necklift. Expert Techniques in Facial Plastic Surgery: An Analytical Approach to Face and Neck Lifts Surgery (Contantinides and Thomas). (In Press – Scheduled October 2018)
- Becker DG, Becker M, and Cabin J. Complications in Rhinoplasty. Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 4th edition (Papel). (June 2016)
- Sclafani A and Cabin J. Modification of the Nasal Dorsum. Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Comprehensive Textbook of Otolaryngology (Robert Sataloff). (November 2015)
- Cabin J and Sclafani A. Rhinoplasty. Self Assessment in Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology (Cummings). (June 2014)
- Cabin JA, Ranganathan AC, Aguirre-Ghiso J. HNSCC (T-HEp3) Cells Exposed to Ionizing Radiation Show activation of stress pathways associated with tumor cell dormancy. American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Cancer Symposium, February 25-26, 2010, Chandler, AZ.
- Lane JM, Bukata S, Koob J, Cabin J, Hong R, Niesvizky R, Pearse R, Siegal D. Kyphoplasty: Comparable Results for Vertebral Fractures with Patients for Multiple Myeloma and Osteoporosis. North American Spine Society 19th Annual Meeting, October 26-30 2004, Chicago, IL.
- Lane JM, Koob J, Shindle MK, Cabin J, Bukata S, Pederson M. Restoration in Osteoporotic Vertebral Fracture: Kyphoplasty is Superior to Postural Correction. American Society of Bone and Mineral Research 26th Annual Meeting, October 1-5 2004, Seattle, WA.
- Migraine Headaches: A New Treatment Paradigm, Multi-Specialty Cedars-Sinai Plastic Surgery Symposium, Beverly Hills, CA, November 4, 2018.
- Migraine Treatment by the Aesthetic Provider, 17th Annual California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (CSFPS) Winter Meeting, Lake Tahoe, CA, February 25, 2018.
- Interventional Migraine Treatment, USC Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Grand Rounds, September 8, 2017.
- Surgical Approach to Migraines, 13th Annual Facial Nerve Symposium, August 3, 2017.
- Migraines: A New Treatment Paradigm. UCLA Family Medicine Grand Rounds, June 7, 2017.
- Small Intestine Submucosa for the Treatment of Vocal Fold Scar, Sulcus and Atrophy. Podium presentation at May 2014 American Broncho-Esophagological Association (ABEA) section of the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM).
- Claviculotomy for Ablation of Mullerian Tumor Metatastasis to Supraclavicular Region. Westchester Medical Center Tumor Board, December 3, 2013.
- Interposition Allograft Repair of Facial Nerve “Gap” Injuries. New York Eye & Ear Grand Rounds, April 4, 2013.
- Fibrosarcoma of the Mandible. New York Eye & Ear Tumor Board, August 8, 2011.
- Sub-Investigator, FDA Clinical Evaluation (Phase III) – HZNP-TEP-301 Protocol. Ongoing (began May 2018)